Aragma's mission is to reduce our carbon footprint so much it's like we weren't even here. In order to achieve this, we have:
Located our studio in an energy-efficient infrastructure that depends 100% on solar energy and rainwater.
Minimized waste and found new ways to recycle old products.
Designed our packaging to be biodegradable, compostable and reusable.
Chosen sustainable materials and textiles that are made from regenerated nylon waste recovered from our oceans.
AND NOW..... we've partnered with ONE TREE PLANTED to plant a tree for every order you make. This helps us promote chemical cycling in order to offset carbon emissions from other waste and shipping.
Your purchases were already doing a lot of good for the environment and now, they will have an even bigger impact. Feel good about your purchases because not only will they last a lifetime, but they'll also allow you to enjoy them in a healthy planet.
SO WHY TREES?
As explained on ONE TREE PLANTED, trees help clean the air we breathe, filter the water we drink, and provide habitat to over 80% of the world's terrestrial biodiversity. Forests provide jobs to over 1.6 billion people, absorb harmful carbon from the atmosphere, and are key ingredients in 25% of all medicines. Did you ever taken an Aspirin? It comes from the bark of a tree!
Trees are vital because:
1. Trees absorb harmful pollutants and release clean oxygen for us to breathe. They also act as carbon sinks, absorbing atmospheric carbon dioxide and reducing the effects of climate change.
2. Trees also capture rainwater and reduce the risk of natural disasters like floods and landslides. Their roots act like filters, removing pollutants and slowing down water absorption into the ground. This prevents harmful erosion and reduces the risk of over-saturation and flooding.
3. A single tree can be home to hundreds of species of insect, fungi, moss, mammals, and plants. Without trees, forest creatures would have nowhere to call home.
4. The forestry industry provides endless job opportunities. Not only do we rely on trees for work, sustainable tree farming provides timber tu build homes and shelter, and wood to burn for cooking and heating. Food-producing trees provide fruit, nuts, berries, and leaves for consumption, and guarantee health and nutrition.
5. Patients with rooms overlooking trees recover faster than those without the same view, because of that great feeling you feel when admiring a calm, quiet forest. Evidence suggest that tree coverage helps reduce stress, anxiety, and allow us to reconnect with nature. It's shade also helps protect our skin from the ever-increasing harshness of the sun.
6. Trees help cool the planet by sucking in and storing harmful greenhouse gases, like carbon dioxide, in their trunks, branches, and leaves, and releasing oxygen back into the atmosphere. In cities, trees can significantly reduce overall temperature, making cities a healthier, safer place to live.