We work with imported Italian fabrics that are made up of 100% ECONYL®, a sustainable techno-fabric made from regenerated nylon waste which was collected from our oceans. Our fabrics also have LYCRA® XTRA LIFE™ fiber to ensure long-lasting fit & quality, while still allowing to significantly extend the life of each piece so you can enjoy it for seasons to come.Packaging
- Biodegradable mailers made with water based inks and more than 50% recycled materials.
- Our care/hand tags and thank you cards are made with recycled paper and are also recyclable.
- Our tissue paper and stickers are FSC certified, compostable and biodegradable.
- Hygienic liners are in our bottoms for protection and are made of paper with non-toxic adhesives.
- Each swimsuit comes with a reusable 100% cotton muslin bag.
- The logos for our swim bags are purchased through a company that offsets 100% of carbon emissions from shipping. This means that for any carbon emissions released into our atmosphere as a result of shipping items, the company invests in projects that reduce carbon emissions by the same amount.
- We are proud members of the Eco Packaging Alliance, a global reforestation program, which has planted more than 9 thousand trees to date.
- We've significantly reduced our textile waste to only 4 gallons per year during the past two years.
- Other textile waste is stored in our facilities. The amount of textile doesn't exceed 12 gallons. These scraps will soon become scrunchies.
- Our paper, carton or plastic waste has been recycled through local programs.
- We operate in sustainable facilities that rely 90% on solar energy and rainwater.
We're continuously trying to find ways to support companies that produce sustainable materials, however, we haven't been successful at finding high-quality sustainable alternatives to some of the products we use (e.g., thread + swimwear elastics).
Our mission is to keep supporting other businesses that implement sustainable practices so that we can reduce our carbon footprint and leave our planet better than we found it.