Our mission is to provide one-of-a-kind sustainable luxury swims to women who want to feel confident and beautiful while conserving our earth.
Our vision is to create the best swims without causing harm to our planet, while educating and inspiring others to leave the earth better than we found it.
Our brand's values are aligned to our planet and our mission to leave the earth better than we found it. This appreciation for nature and its resources has fueled our commitment to honor the environment by manufacturing our products in an environmentally conscious facility; sourcing high quality fabrics and materials from companies that share our green vision; and, by using recyclable or reusable materials in our tags and packaging. We also recycle and reuse our waste and textiles.
Our core values are:
- Conservation and sustainability
- Quality craftsmanship and ethical production
- Transparency in all processes and operations
- Inclusive and sustainable economic growth
- Resource efficiency and environmental protection
- Mutual understanding and teamwork
Our packaging consists of:
- Biodegradable paper mailers made with water based inks and more than 50% recycled materials.
- Our care/hangtags and thank you cards are made with recycled paper and are also recyclable.
- Our tissue paper and stickers are FSC certified, compostable and biodegradable.
- Each swimsuit comes with a reusable wet bag.
- We are proud members of the Eco Packaging Alliance, a global reforestation program, which has planted more than 9 thousand trees to date.
- We've significantly reduced our textile waste to only 134 pounds for the past three years.
- About 250 pounds of textile waste was donated to another company for its use.
- We have introduced a new "zero-waste" proposal, where we use our textile scraps to create accessories, and we also donate fabric scraps to other artisans.
- We operate in local facilities that rely 100% on solar energy (since May 2020) and rainwater (since 2019).
Our commitment to conservation
During 2020 we donated every month to ONE TREE PLANTED ORGANIZATION to plant one tree for every order made. Our mission was to promote chemical cycling in order to offset the carbon emissions made by other waste and shipping.
However, we've decided to also donate to other organizations that help improve the health of our oceans.
The oceans are responsible for holding 93% of the world's carbon emissions. Planting trees really helps the carbon equation, but nothing matters more than maintaining the integrity of the ocean systems.
The life in the oceans is absolutely crucial for holding on to carbon and preventing it from being released to the atmosphere, therefore, every order donates $1 to the GHOST DIVING: GLOBAL MISSION, a non-profit organization that works to recover harmful fishing materials that threaten our oceans and life itself. This organization works to recover lost (ghost) fishing nets, fishing gear and other marine debris that contaminates our oceans and kills more marine life than plastic.
Ghost Diving has also partnered with companies like Aquafil to give them the recovered material in order make the fabrics we use in our swims. Thus, it feels great to give back to the people who make it possible for us to provide you with incredible swims.