Aragma is a lifestyle company that distinguishes itself for offering sustainable, reversible and 'accessible-luxury' swimwear for the woman who wants to feel sexy, confident and comfortable. We have developed our own patterns that fit and hug the body perfectly, design our own textile prints and merge the highest quality craftsmanship with luxury materials in order to provide the ultimate luxe experience when wearing our swims. We care deeply for the planet and not only want to be the earth's best friend, but we want YOU to feel that we've got YOUR back.
Our brand's values are aligned to our planet and our mission to leave the earth better than we found it. This appreciation for nature and its resources has fueled our commitment to honor the environment by manufacturing our products in an environmentally conscious facility; sourcing high quality fabrics and materials from companies that share our green vision; and, by using recyclable or reusable materials in our tags and packaging. We also recycle and reuse our waste and textiles.
For every 10,000 tons of raw material, we are able to save 70,000 barrels of crude oil and avoid 57,100 tonnes of CO2 eq. emissions. As well as being a solution on waste, our regenerated nylon is also better when it comes to climate change. It reduces the global warming impact of nylon by up to 90% compared with the material from oil.
Our packaging consists of:
- Biodegradable paper mailers made with water based inks and more than 50% recycled materials.
- Our care/hand tags and thank you cards are made with recycled paper and are also recyclable.
- Our tissue paper and stickers are FSC certified, compostable and biodegradable.
- Hygienic liners are in our bottoms for protection and are made of paper with non-toxic adhesives.
- Each swimsuit comes with a reusable 100% cotton muslin bag.
- The logos for our swim bags are purchased through a company that offsets 100% of carbon emissions from shipping. This means that for any carbon emissions released into our atmosphere as a result of shipping items, the company invests in projects that reduce carbon emissions by the same amount.
- We are proud members of the Eco Packaging Alliance, a global reforestation program, which has planted more than 9 thousand trees to date.
- We've significantly reduced our textile waste to only 4 gallons per year during the past two years.
- Other textile waste is stored in our facilities. The amount of textile doesn't exceed 12 gallons. With our new "zero-waste" proposal, we're using our textile scraps to create scrunchies, face masks and other accessories in order to reduce our textile waste.
- Our paper, carton or plastic waste has been recycled through local programs.
- We operate in sustainable facilities that rely 100% on solar energy and rainwater. Our energy consumption was at 10%, but on May 2020 we received our first bill with zero petroleum-based energy consumption!
Although we are continuously trying to find ways to support companies that produce sustainable materials, we haven't been successful at finding high-quality sustainable alternatives to some of the products we use (e.g., thread + swimwear elastics). This is why we've partnered with ONE TREE PLANTED, in order to offset the carbon emissions produced by the use of these products, shipping and other waste that harms our planet.
Our mission is to keep supporting other businesses that implement sustainable practices so that we can reduce our carbon footprint and leave our planet better than we found it. We are committed to making conscious and informed choices throughout all areas of our company.