Our brand's values are aligned to our planet and our mission to leave the earth better than we found it. This appreciation for nature and its resources has fueled our commitment to honor the environment by manufacturing our products in an environmentally conscious facility; sourcing high quality fabrics and materials from companies that share our green vision; and, by using recyclable or reusable materials in our tags and packaging. We also recycle and reuse our waste and textiles.
Our core values are:
- Conservation and sustainability
- Quality craftsmanship and ethical production
- Transparency in all processes and operations
- Inclusive and sustainable economic growth
- Social inclusiveness and fair employment
- Resource efficiency and environmental protection
- Mutual understanding and teamwork
Our packaging consists of:
- Biodegradable paper mailers made with water based inks and more than 50% recycled materials.
- Our care/hand tags and thank you cards are made with recycled paper and are also recyclable.
- Our tissue paper and stickers are FSC certified, compostable and biodegradable.
- Hygienic liners are in our bottoms for protection and are made of paper with non-toxic adhesives.
- Each swimsuit comes with a reusable 100% cotton muslin bag.
- The logos for our swim bags are purchased through a company that offsets 100% of carbon emissions from shipping. This means that for any carbon emissions released into our atmosphere as a result of shipping items, the company invests in projects that reduce carbon emissions by the same amount.
- We are proud members of the Eco Packaging Alliance, a global reforestation program, which has planted more than 9 thousand trees to date.
- We've significantly reduced our textile waste to only 134 pounds for the past three years.
- About 300 pounds of textile waste is currently stored in our facilities for future donation.
- We have introduced a new "zero-waste" proposal, where we use our textile scraps to create scrunchies, face masks and other accessories as well as donate fabric scraps to other artisans.
- Our paper, carton and plastic waste has been recycled through local programs.
- We operate in local facilities that rely 100% on solar energy and rainwater. Our energy consumption was at 10%, but on May 2020 we received our first bill with zero petroleum-based energy consumption!
Our commitment to conservation
During 2020 we donated every month to ONE TREE PLANTED ORGANIZATION to plant one tree for every order made. Our mission was to promote chemical cycling in order to offset the carbon emissions made by other waste and shipping.
However, we've decided to also donate to other organizations that help improve the health of our oceans.
The oceans are responsible for holding 93% of the world's carbon emissions. Planting trees really helps the carbon equation, but nothing matters more than maintaining the integrity of the ocean systems.
The life in the oceans is absolutely crucial for holding on to carbon and preventing it from being released to the atmosphere, therefore, every order will donate $1 to the GHOST DIVING: GLOBAL MISSION, a non-profit organization that works to recover harmful fishing materials that threaten our oceans and life itself.
This organization works to recover lost (ghost) fishing nets, fishing gear and other marine debris that contaminates our oceans and kills more marine life than plastic.
Ghost Diving has also partnered with companies like Aquafil and ECONYL® to give them the recovered material in order make the fabrics we use in our swims. Thus, it feels great to give back to the people who make it possible for us to provide you with incredible swims.
Your purchases were already doing a lot of good for the environment and now, they will have an even bigger impact. Feel good about your purchases because not only will they last a lifetime, but they'll also allow you to enjoy them in a healthy planet.
Our mission is to provide one-of-a-kind sustainable luxury swims to women who want to feel confident and beautiful while conserving our earth and supporting our local economy.
Our vision is to create the best swims without causing harm to our planet, while educating and inspiring others to leave the earth better than we found it.